Penn & Tylers Green Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Penn & Tylers Green > Village Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad garages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad garages
    Posted: 28 May 2005 at 8:09am

I think a website shoud be started to name and shame bad garages.

Someone i know was sold a used Proton car by a garage. She was told it was a very economical and reliable little car. After 6000 miles the car needed 1200 repairs and she has paid 2900 for it!!

Administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 8:06pm

Bernie,

I know the feeling... There are many traders in the area I'd like to name and shame... especially one particular plumber (not in P&TG) and a national double glazing company, both of whom I feel have vandalised my home.

Unfortunately, Naming and Shamming is not advisable.  The libel laws would leave me and this site wide open to prosecution.

I think the only way I could allow Naming and Shamming is if you had secured a conviction in a court of law and reported only the facts of the conviction.

It would be great if everyone wrote in and told us of GOOD service. Not just "Ok" service but traders who have gone out of their way to please their customers.

The bad guys will eventually reap the consequences of their poor customer service when they lose repeat business. The good tradesmen are our unsung heroes. If anyone has had exceptional service from local traders, this is as good a place as any to give them recognition and a boost to their business.

Paul

Carinae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carinae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2005 at 5:09pm

A website for looking at public feedback on goods and services is http://www.reviewcentre.com/ it covers nation wide but has the publics feedback on anything your could want to buy.

As it is independent the reviews are genuine.

It has helped me make decisions on what service I have used.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic